PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Reference Text for Fitting Label in Profile View

msutaylor
2014-05-06, 09:10 PM
For Structure labels this works: In the label style editor, add a reference text component and choose "profile." Then add "Station Value" to the text component contents. When you add the label to a structure in profile view, it will prompt you to select a profile. To change the reference profile, select the label, then select the profile using the reference text objects area in the properties window. This is useful Structures that are at street intersections and therefore appear in multiple profile views. The stationing can be shown correctly for each profile view.

Using the same process for a pressure network fitting, the Station Value component doesn't populate. It's just question marks. Am I missing something? It works in plan view using a similar process (selecting "alignment" reference text component instead of profile) but can't get it to work in profile view for pressure network fitting or appurtenances.

Using CIVIL 3D 2014.

msutaylor
2014-05-07, 02:28 PM
Can anyone replicate this issue? To summarize: reference text>profile components don't seem to work in fitting profile labels or appurtenance profile labels (pressure pipe network).

cadtag
2014-05-08, 02:21 PM
Pressure pipes were new in 2014 -- kinda sounds like they never got finished.

msutaylor
2014-05-08, 02:43 PM
I think they were introduced in 2013...and I agree they never got finished. Not sure why that affects a reference text label component though. The *alignment* reference text component works in plan view but the *profile* reference text component does not seem to work in profile view...I was hoping someone would replicate the issue so I know I'm not just missing something.

mdriver1
2016-12-22, 05:36 PM
I think they were introduced in 2013...and I agree they never got finished. Not sure why that affects a reference text label component though. The *alignment* reference text component works in plan view but the *profile* reference text component does not seem to work in profile view...I was hoping someone would replicate the issue so I know I'm not just missing something.

Hi,
Has anyone found a solution for this C3D 2014 issue???? For Pressure Network fitting label style. Strange thing is that I can add reference text for:
Start and End Stations for an alignment and profile but not Station value either Profile or Alignment. Also Insertion Point Elevation works. Why not Insertion Station???? Frustrating!!!

Found a work around: (not most efficient but works for now)
Add a Profile Station-Elevation label style.
Set up whatever display parameters you like
Delete Elevation reference.
False to leader (dragged state)
Label profile view label and align under fitting label.

Sucks if you need to adjust but at least can get a station labeled.

Thanks,
Mark Driver, PE, PLS