PDA

View Full Version : Sharing drawings with xrefs with other companies without grief

gj65235
2005-03-03, 09:12 AM
Problem: We send drawings to a design house with drawing formats attached as an xref. They open at the other end with a message saying xref not found. They have our formats so have to manually reattach.
Solution: Go to Tools/options/files/project files search path. Add 'Project1' and browse to the xref directory. The trick now is to click on the Project1 name and delete it. In effect you are saying any drawing without a Project name should go to this xref directory.
The other company does the same and drawings open with all xrefs attached every time.

cwade
2005-03-16, 06:51 PM
Etransmit and use relative pathing when setting up your drawings, this will allow them to put thier drawings wherever they want and havge no need to go into preferences and mess with all of that.

Rick.B
2005-03-17, 02:32 AM
I'm keen on the use of the Reference Manager, Start->All Programs->Autodesk->(installed Autodesk product)->Reference Manager. I can quickly repath several reference files at once to the correct folder location, partial or relative paths too.

Refman to the Rescue! (http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/2005/02/refman_to_the_r.html)

FYI I work with R2005 products.

balubharadwaj
2008-03-27, 10:23 AM
The Best option for Xref path is using the relative path,