PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Closures / Map Check

stircrazy
2014-08-08, 09:33 PM
Hello,

just recently made the transition from LDD 2009 to C3D 2012, and I'm having a heck of a time generating closure calculations in any reasonable manner. So much so, I export my drawing back down to do my closures in LDD 2009!

I have tried going to the Analyze tab, and under Survey I select Map Check. This seems adequate enough (except I may like to know how to customize my report a bit), unless I go over 20-30 parcels or so. Then it gets bogged down to the point where even adding a simple four course parcel takes several minutes. A 100+ lot subdivision, not counting street loops and monument loops, etc. takes hours upon hours where I can quickly do the same in LDD in well under an hour. :shock:

I also attempted to use the parcel feature, building each individual parcel for the site. But C3D often (always) generated nonsense parcels that can't be moved away or deleted from the site without also destroying legitimate parcels too. Arr!

Can anybody please give me some advice or insight into how to generate closure reports for mid-to-large subdivision projects? Thanks in advance.

Thank you so much in advance!

Jeff_M
2014-08-30, 08:31 PM
Use Parcels and the Parcel Reports. :-) You might find the Parcel Inverse tool in the Sincpac-C3D (www.quuxsoft.com) addon a bit easier, and more in line with the old LDD tools. I've found that by creating my parcels with basic geometry (lines, arcs, polylines) and converting to parcels is much easier than using most of the Parcel Creation tools.

BlackBox
2014-09-01, 12:27 AM
...I've found that by creating my parcels with basic geometry (lines, arcs, polylines) and converting to parcels is much easier than using most of the Parcel Creation tools.

1+... :beer: