PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Vault Basic Version Tracking question

Pierre Marcotte
2014-09-04, 07:21 PM
Hi everybody,

We use Inventor 2014 and Vault Basic. Our designer sometimes makes changes in assemblies and asks me "update the drawings and related dxfs", without telling me precisely what he changed in said assembly. How can I extract a list of the files he changed from the Vault ? In other words, how can I know which files (parts and assemblies) need to be updated ?

It's way too easy to overlook a minor physical change or an information in the part's iProperties.

Thank you to all who reply.

Pierre Marcotte
2014-09-05, 07:08 PM
A quick look at the posts on this forum and I realised something: no one knows anything, save a precious few. Some posts have 294 views and no replies (!). What is the use of this forum if no one can actually help ?
Sorry if I seem cold or mean, I don't mean to. I'll be looking elsewhere for information, thank you very much.

Wanderer
2014-09-15, 05:15 PM
A quick look at the posts on this forum and I realised something: no one knows anything, save a precious few. Some posts have 294 views and no replies (!). What is the use of this forum if no one can actually help ?
Sorry if I seem cold or mean, I don't mean to. I'll be looking elsewhere for information, thank you very much.

It's not mean, it's an observation on Community. It is up to the users to answer questions as well as to ask them, or to discuss ideas, even without a specific technical support question in mind, if it helps foster discussion that brings more people back here to help one another.