PDA

View Full Version : Intelligent Revision Clouds

gregcashen
2003-05-13, 10:24 PM
Am I missing something here?

I would like for Rev Clouds to be more intelligent...I would like to be able to tag them, schedule them, annotate them. I would like the rev tag to be "stuck" to the cloud, which would be stuck to the "master" rev tag in the title block. The help didn't offer much help here.

I hope I am not missing something very obvious here! Anyone got a better way?

Thanks,
Greg Cashen

JamesVan
2003-05-14, 01:16 PM
AMEN! Revision clouds and tags should go together. Revision clouds should be able to store a short description of what was revised. And the schedule (revision report) is becoming a requirement of more and more municipalities. This should be closely related to another wishlist item I submitted a while ago:

Link to my other wishlist item (http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=31)

PeterJ
2003-05-14, 03:28 PM
I would like to be able to tag them, schedule them, annotate them.

You can apply a tag to revision clouds and schedule against this tag, however it falls down in two ways.

Firstly the tag is linked to the cloud and not the modification, so the schedule notes every instance of the tag and this doesn't seem to be parametric enough to note which view it is associated with.

Secondly the cloud and the tag are linke dto a single view so if you have a drawing sheet with ten views, say a detail sheet, and you start to revise them individually you still have to remember which tag you will need to apply.

P

christo4robin
2004-01-21, 04:51 PM
I would like to be able to tag them, schedule them, annotate them.

You can apply a tag to revision clouds and schedule against this tag, however it falls down in two ways.

P

How do I link a tag to a cloud? Is the schedule just a Note Block? How are people integrating this into their titleblocks/coversheets?