PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Profile view ordinate

Deyan Dechev
2014-10-29, 03:45 PM
Hello!
I want to ask if there is a possibility, grade breaks from the Terrain line is to be on every contour from surface. And also is it possible to draw ordinate form a grade brake to band table in bottom of profile view.
I try this exprresions for ordinate lenght, but not work correctly. The lenght is constant on each PVI.

{PVI Elevation}/1000
Thanks in advance! :beer:

P.S. Apologize for the bad explanation, but English is not my native language :roll:

Deyan Dechev
2014-11-14, 09:00 AM
Well, I managed to handle it somehow (not that I wanted).
It is a bit tricky, so I decided to share how I did it ;)
First select the profile from surface in Profile view and select from the menu Geometry Editor->Profile Grid View
Then right mouse button and select Copy All
This data can easily convert to file, in which to remain only points with elevations ending with 0 and 5 for example. The file should look like this
Now it remains only to load the file as a profile from Profiles->Create Profil from File
It is recommended then check whether the points from the terrain line match the contours of the surface. That is done by setting the Alignment labels to show only on Grade breaks.
And if there is unnecessary points, filter the file form excel again and repeat the whole procedure :)

Deyan Dechev
2014-11-14, 09:04 AM
The other thing was the ordinate from grade break to band table. Well, that was easy :p. Just setup terrain profile labels for grade breaks like that
I hope I was clear enough and may help another in my situation :beer:
Regards!