PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back "Show"

Wish List System
2014-11-13, 07:12 PM
Summary: Several releases ago (2011 IIRC), there was an option for objects called Show instead of the current check/uncheck Hide option. This option would force hidden objects to become visible regardless of whether or not their parent objects were visible. With the current feature, if parent objects are hidden, there is no way to force child objects to become visible from the Selection Tree or Sets Manager.

Description: I used to use the Show option quite often. It was very easy to isolate objects within a particular appended model by creating a Selection or Search Set, hiding the particular model, and then using Show to bring back the Set. This would also enable me to easily hide and unhide different systems like return ducts or roof drains without having to hide and unhide other models in my federated model. I can still do some of what I used to by selecting a Set and every other model in my federated model and using Hide Unselected, but that requires me to collapse everything in the selection tree and constantly remake selections. It is very cumbersome and time consuming when done repeatedly, and it was much easier and more useful to simply use Show.

Product and Feature: Navisworks Manage - Animations

Submitted By: Andrew Pitcher on 11/13/2014