PDA

View Full Version : Overkill it isn't a Rock N Roll Band

Rick.B
2005-03-11, 02:54 AM
Ever erase a line to fined there are three more just like it underneath? How about trying to grab a line only to find it is made of a thousand or more segments? Try out the express tool overkill to cleanup duplicate geometry.:wink:

You can get to it from the express menu too, Express -> Modify -> Delete duplicate objects.

Wanderer
2005-03-11, 01:31 PM
Ever erase a line to fined there are three more just like it underneath? How about trying to grab a line only to find it is made of a thousand or more segments? Try out the express tool overkill to cleanup duplicate geometry.:wink:

You can get to it from the express menu too, Express -> Modify -> Delete duplicate objects.
it's the most mind-bogglingly useful tool i've come across in my particular job... well right up there with purge... and erase... ;)

robert.1.hall72202
2005-03-11, 02:15 PM
Overkill is a great command........often times I put objects in a line and then use overkill to get rid of the extra lines on the edges that are touching.

CADKitty
2005-03-11, 02:27 PM
Ah, the wonders of overkill...I use it after "flatten"ing (when necessary) those pesky 3D objects the architects sometimes include (they really, really don't play well with our LT stations!).

Fantastic command! :mrgreen:

CADNate
2005-03-11, 02:45 PM
Ah, the wonders of overkill...I use it after "flatten"ing (when necessary) those pesky 3D objects the architects sometimes include (they really, really don't play well with our LT stations!).

Fantastic command! :mrgreen:
I have never used this before. But I just did and am so going to use this. Thank you... Thank you...Thank you very much.

Robert.Williams82344
2005-03-12, 12:31 AM
Right along side Overkill, 2005 (MAP) has "Drawing Cleanup..." [Map>Tools...>Drawing Cleanup...]. The only problem with both of these commands is that they ONLY remove DUPLICATE objects. So, if you have 4 lines on top of eachother, and one of the points on a line is even 0.001 off, it won't remove that line.

Glad they finally have a command that does cleanup, but it seems to still need a little work.

Thanks All

Rick.B
2005-03-12, 05:33 AM
The only problem with both of these commands is that they ONLY remove DUPLICATE objects. So, if you have 4 lines on top of eachother, and one of the points on a line is even 0.001 off, it won't remove that line.

Try to adjust the Numeric Fuzz of on the right of the OVERKILL window just be careful if you set it to large you could remove items you want to keep.

KelseyL
2005-03-20, 02:48 AM
it's the most mind-bogglingly useful tool i've come across in my particular job... well right up there with purge... and erase... ;)
amen!

or you can just type 'overkill'

the coolest command ever!!! i love it...its especially useful when using adt for elevations and sections...awesome i tell you...completely and utterly awesome

david.baldock
2005-03-22, 04:57 PM
All sounds very good is it available for LT 2005?

Glenn Pope
2005-03-22, 05:41 PM
Overkill is part of the express tools. So, sorry it isn't available on LT.

jefslat
2005-03-22, 06:00 PM
Excellent tip. Now if they'd only enable express in Mechanical Desktop. You can't imagine how many of my students can't understand why their sketch won't profile when they have duplicate lines.

Then again, we started teaching Inventor this quarter, so I guess MD is on its way out.

tommy.huckabee
2005-04-04, 05:37 PM
What if you're not equipped with the express tools? is there another way? I am using 2k4

Tommy

scwegner
2005-04-04, 06:08 PM
What if you're not equipped with the express tools? is there another way? I am using 2k4

TommyMy understanding is that the express tools came free on the CD starting with 2004 so you should have them. You may have to install the separately though.
Try typing it at the command line.

Glenn Pope
2005-04-04, 06:13 PM
My understanding is that the express tools came free on the CD starting with 2004 so you should have them. You may have to install the separately though.
Try typing it at the command line.
That is correct. They are on your installation CD. They have to be installed separately.

tommy.huckabee
2005-04-04, 06:36 PM
Our IT department sucks!!

Tommy

jaberwok
2005-04-04, 06:41 PM
Our IT department sucks!!

Tommy
Your's and many others.