PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to obtain the “As-built record model” at the end of a project?

tracol.mx726306
2016-04-25, 09:02 AM
Dear all,

I’m actually working as Project BIM Manager on a project in which all the construction companies have to designed their own elements as a revit model. In France, the engineering firms don’t produce the construction model/drawings, it’s the responsibility of the construction companies.
So, those construction companies started from an empty revit file which only contains the grid, levels and shared parameters. Linking the architect model or using the copy/control, they are designing their models. The architect is using them to review, detect the clashes and to solve them.

Before beginning the works we want to synchronize all the companies’ models in one file to get the “construction model”. This model will evolve with the eventual changes which comes during the works. The final goal is to obtain the “As-built record model”.

We are looking for a way to do the models’ synchronization without using a simple copy/paste which would be as laborious as imprecise.

Is there somebody here who knows such a solution? Many thanks for your interest!

Wanderer
2016-04-26, 04:44 PM
Dear all,

I’m actually working as Project BIM Manager on a project in which all the construction companies have to designed their own elements as a revit model. In France, the engineering firms don’t produce the construction model/drawings, it’s the responsibility of the construction companies.
So, those construction companies started from an empty revit file which only contains the grid, levels and shared parameters. Linking the architect model or using the copy/control, they are designing their models. The architect is using them to review, detect the clashes and to solve them.

Before beginning the works we want to synchronize all the companies’ models in one file to get the “construction model”. This model will evolve with the eventual changes which comes during the works. The final goal is to obtain the “As-built record model”.

We are looking for a way to do the models’ synchronization without using a simple copy/paste which would be as laborious as imprecise.

Is there somebody here who knows such a solution? Many thanks for your interest!

If you scroll down, there is a feature below this post called 'similar threads'. Does any of the content in these threads help to provide you with some direction?

sergpush36721006
2016-05-22, 11:51 AM
I doubt that.
Whether you were looking for a ticket or a concerts schedule you definitely shouldn't miss Brett Eldredge tour dates (http://bretteldredgetourtickets.com/) he has in 2016 and 2017.

Brian Myers
2016-05-22, 08:07 PM
Sorry for the late response, but I have a couple of answers to that. If the models can be separate, but show up as a complete model, you can simply link the models into another Revit project. This "Federated" model will then update as each model is updated independently. At the end you will have one model to reference, but controlled by several models which are linked into your project. This is the same concept as XREF in AutoCAD.

The other option is if you plan on making all the changes in the same model. Create a Workset for each of the models and link in each model to its own workset. Bind the linked files into your project. Each model will now be in the same file, on their own workset. Update as required.

I recommend the first option, but the second option is available for you if you have no other choice than to have them all exist inside of only 1 file.