PDA

View Full Version : color display

themann
2005-03-25, 03:39 AM
Hello,

I am using Mechanical Desktop 2005 and am having an unusual problem. I have an assembly that I created in Mechanical Desktop R3 but have been working with in MDT 2005 extensively.

All of a sudden colors aren't displaying properly. And not consistently from object to object either. White on layer 0 is a dark muddy green and very difficult to see. When I select an object as in grip edit it changes to it's proper color. I'm thinking this is a hardware issue but maybe there is a repair type command.

thanks,
harry

Mike.Perry
2005-03-25, 03:44 AM
Hi Harry

Please note I've *moved* this thread from the ACAD 2005 General (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58) Forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

themann
2005-03-25, 03:46 AM
an update

I keep multiple copies of projects in case a file gets corrupted. i opened an earlier version of this particular assembly that is displaying the colors properly. I chose 3d orbit and I noticed that the colors changed to what I am observing in the other file but once you exit 3d orbit the normal colors resume in this older file. perhaps 3d orbit has done some thing to my newer file that is not displaying correctly.

harry

john.retzlaff
2005-03-29, 01:18 PM
Sounds like a graphics card problem. Try opening up display properties, settings tab, then click the advanced button. Select the Troubleshoot tab and try reducing the hardware acceleration a notch or two and see if that helps.

John