PDA

View Full Version : 2016 projecting objects to profile view

rmk
2016-11-16, 02:27 PM
not very experienced in profiles, but i want to project a manhole block to the profile view. I made sure the block had the correct z value.
when i projected it, it displayed as an oval with the center at the correct z value, the narrow width (the diameter of the manhole) of the oval was oriented correctly, but it
had a vertical dimension above and below the elevation of the top of the manhole. not sure why this happened.

then i drew a 3dpline across the diameter of the block with the correct z value and projected it over. it displayed in the correct location both horizontally and vertically.

any thoughts? i don't have any clue as to how to use pipe networks, so i didn't want to attempt that. just looking for a quick and dirty way of showing some detail from the plan view.

also, what objects are able to be projected?

thanks.

Iceberg
2016-11-17, 05:31 PM
If it was me, I would just draw the line work in by doing offsets from the datum. Just draw the structures and pipes in that way.

rmk
2016-11-21, 02:30 PM
thanks, that's what i wound up doing. was just trying to utilize the power of the software and not quite sure what it's limitations are. Doesn't seem to be much information out
there on the subject.