PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Labeling profile intersections

tim_newsome
2016-12-09, 02:25 PM
We don't use the intersection menu so I am wondering if there is a way create a geometry point or something of that nature and then generate a label with associated data (station & Elev)?

BlackBox
2016-12-09, 03:21 PM
No worries; I use Intersections for Corridor modeling, and do not use any of it for anything else. Haha

You talking about labeling in Plan View? As in, an Alignment Station Offset Label, with Reference Text to call out Profile's 'Instantaneous Grade' Property (since you specify Station & Elevation)?

What other 'associated data' do you mean?

Cheers

tim_newsome
2016-12-09, 03:55 PM
Specific Label I would like to create would be in profile view that would call out Intersection with the Street name, Station of both street and the elevation of Primary street.

BlackBox
2016-12-09, 05:02 PM
Specific Label I would like to create would be in profile view that would call out Intersection with the Street name, Station of both street and the elevation of Primary street.

Try creating a Profile View Station Elevation Label Style, that includes Alignment Reference Text component(s) (for Street Name and Station), but uses the Profile View's Point Elevation (assuming both Profiles intersect at the same elevation). Lemon squeezy.

Cheers

tim_newsome
2016-12-09, 05:45 PM
That's going to help me create something very beneficial.

Thanks

BlackBox
2016-12-12, 02:45 PM
That's going to help me create something very beneficial.

... And THAT, my friend, is the entire point; I'm happy to help. :beer:

Cheers