PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Uninteded parcel creation

tim_newsome
2017-01-31, 09:50 PM
I am in my grading dwg file and I have no Civil 3D entities. Zero. While waiting for survey I decided to get ahead and create my alignments (from polyline). I do have my site plan base X-refed.

When I created my second alignment which intersects the first alignment at two points creating a closed area Civil 3D decided to create a Parcel in that area.

1) Is there anyway to let civil 3D know not to decide to create parcels on its own?

2) I know I can put the parcel label on a No Display style but I really want to delete that parcel. How can I do that?

MMccall
2017-02-01, 12:28 AM
Alignments within the same site as other alignments or parcel will interact with each other a form parcels. You can stop the interaction by moving the alignments out of their current site and into a site called <None>. Those alignments will no longer be associated with any site, not interact, and will appear under the "Alignments" section in Toolspace.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/Civil3D-UserGuide/files/GUID-9CEA2AB6-8667-4FE7-9BD7-6FF75E0071FA-htm.html