PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Alignment name in band stations

cadman1957
2017-02-28, 05:03 PM
Morning, all...

We have a client who insists on having the alignment name in front of the major stations of our profile in the band set (ex. C100, C200, etc.). I've researched, and don't see an option to do so. Label expressions don't seem to be an available option. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tom

MMccall
2017-02-28, 08:17 PM
Try typing in <[Parent Alignment(CP)]> into the major station style editor.

Sometimes you can copy the syntax from one section of a style and paste it into another section if the labeling option isn't listed. I tested this and it works in 2015. A different section of the band can access the alignment name so I copied the text/code from there and pasted it into the major station label editor.

BlackBox
2017-02-28, 08:26 PM
Try typing in <[Parent Alignment(CP)]> into the major station style editor.

Sometimes you can copy the syntax from one section of a style and paste it into another section if the labeling option isn't listed.

What a great observation; have you any other instances of this for this, or other Object labels?

Also, for upper case:

<[Parent Alignment(CU)]>

Cheers

MMccall
2017-02-28, 09:06 PM
I've had success with it in a profile view styles, pipe and structure labels as well. It seems to work as long as you stay within the style type and the label component is logical.

You can also copy the text/code into an Mtext, edit the formatting (font, height, etc.), then copy it and paste it back into the label style. Good for those items that only give you one font or text height selection for the component.

BlackBox
2017-02-28, 09:15 PM
You can also copy the text/code into an Mtext, edit the formatting (font, height, etc.), then copy it and paste it back into the label style. Good for those items that only give you one font or text height selection for the component.

Not sure if this would interest you or not, but I've always wanted Autodesk to instead expose AECC Object Properties to the FIELD engine, so they can be used in any annotation entity, Dimension, MText, MLeader, Text, etc.:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-ideas/as-composed-label-leader-justification/idi-p/6360012?device-view=desktop

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?153276-Add-Fields-to-Civil-3D-Labels

Cheers

MMccall
2017-03-01, 12:19 AM
Yea, field access to civil 3d objects would be nice although I'm afraid they would torture us by making us link multiple fields to an object rather than providing a mechanism to attach the field laden multileader. Although that mechanism could end up like the one that links north arrows and graphic scaled to viewports.

I'd like to see autocad coders provide a field that would allow the civil 3d coders to push labeling content into the label from the object being labeled. Basically, have the object tell the label how it wants to be labelled. (multileader style to use, layer and content) Or ... gulp ... merge the label style editor with partbuilder.