PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Alignment labels in an xref

rickquin651723
2017-05-10, 04:27 PM
Ok, so I'm trying to get a set of alignment labels that I have in an xref to display correctly. The labels are there, just really, really small, in paper space. Model space is just fine. This same alignment displays just perfectly in the original drawing. The point labels are the same, I read somewhere that you should change the page setup to mm's. It actually worked to some degree, but we don't work in mm's, thought there would be a similar work around for inches. I've tried annotation scales, tried changing the label style in the xref, etc, etc. I thought this was going to be an easy fix, guess I was wrong.
I'm a noob to annotation scales, and it appears there's a few tricks to learn here (A good thing). I guess I could just make a new alignment in the xref as a work around.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

cadtag
2017-05-11, 12:12 PM
Civil3d labels are NOT annotative, in the way that regular Acad uses annotative.

Generally speaking, I find it simplest to datareference alignments/surfaces into sheets that I'm going to actually label in.

rickquin651723
2017-05-11, 01:39 PM
Maybe I'm not using the correct term then? Since the original post I tried this out on a brand new dwg and wouldn't you know, it worked perfectly. So, something is awry in my template. No matter what I try I can't get my labels to change their size. I'll attach a couple of jpg's to show what I'm taking about.
Jpg1 is the template file, no, joy.105169
Jpg2 is how it should work. 105168
I'm missing something, there must be a setting I've overlooked or reset.

rkmcswain
2017-05-11, 02:53 PM
It just looks like the text size for the label style in "jpg1" is too small.

rickquin651723
2017-05-11, 03:31 PM
I tried that too, one thing I forgot to mention is that it displays fine in model space, it only happens when I cut a VP in this drawing. What am I missing? I've looked at this so long and so hard, I'm afraid it's gonna be something off the charts easy.

rkmcswain
2017-05-11, 05:15 PM
Can you wblock out a simple drawing with the point, and it's label, and post it? Thanks.

rickquin651723
2017-05-11, 06:52 PM
Sure. Have at it.

rickquin651723
2017-05-11, 07:46 PM
Okay Mr. McSwain. Remember when I said I had been looking at this for so long and so hard that I was afraid it was gonna be off the charts easy. Well it was, I hope, I feel like I'm a regen away from square one. I think I've regen'd this dwg over 50,000 very disappointing times
I was so focused on Scale and Annotation scale, then label styles, then font styles and then whatever rabbit hole I fell into next I forgot to check the basics!!! Uccchhhhh.
Thanks for your help.......again.