PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen

katkinson0082914
2005-03-30, 12:26 PM
This is some thing i did while i was learning Rendering. Any comments on how to improve ?

robert.1.hall72202
2005-03-30, 01:10 PM
Not sure what needs improving as it doesn't look bad at all.........if thats one of your first, you got the hang of it!

BrenBren
2005-03-30, 02:46 PM
How come my kitchen floor is never that shiny :( Seriously, it looks really good.

This is some thing i did while i was learning Rendering. Any comments on how to improve ?

katkinson0082914
2005-03-30, 02:55 PM
Bet your kitchen floors not as easy to play with. It would be to energetic to do it for real.

JASONM30395
2005-03-30, 03:06 PM
Honest opinion,

Tone down the shine on the floor and maybe some lighting in the door window from the other room. However I will agree, if this was your first rendering very impressive.

scwegner
2005-03-30, 03:52 PM
Very good job for an early rendering.
I'd second the suggestion of toning down the reflection on the floor and also that the scale on your materials could stand adjusting. The wood grain is awful large, for example.
Lighting is probably what could really make this stand out and is also what can eat up the most of your time. I generally spend more time getting the lighting and materials right than I do on the actual model. But maybe that's just me. In any case, spend some time putting in more lights and getting some good lighting contrast in. Maybe turn on that lamp, for example.

Mark.Mitsules
2005-03-31, 02:27 PM
Excellent work. The only minor geometry element I might suggest is to add some trim molding around the door and base molding along the wall to break up the hard contrast.

digiwurx
2005-03-31, 04:49 PM
I think that it looks excellent. Just because you asked, I will be picky ;) Lower the seen on the floor, adjust the material scale that's applied to the base of the table so it's a little bit more realistic. More lights would deifinitely add more realism to this, just make sure you adjust the reflection on the floor to compensate or else your newly added lighting may overpower it. I can definitively say it's mighty hard to pick out any flaws within your rendering. It is very good!