PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Change alignment direction arrow

rmk
2018-06-19, 07:44 PM
where are the settings to change the alignment direction arrow. i have found the place to turn them off/on in the display tab.
but i cannot fine any other settings, i.e. arrow style etc.

rkmcswain
2018-06-19, 08:08 PM
Are you talking about the arrow that is part of the Alignment Style (and not the Alignment Label Styles)?

rmk
2018-06-19, 08:37 PM
Are you talking about the arrow that is part of the Alignment Style (and not the Alignment Label Styles)?

you got me there, i'm not sure. that's part of my problem. it shows up on the alignment at the mid point of each straight segment.

edit: it seems to be on the alignment style.

rkmcswain
2018-06-20, 05:55 PM
Yes, and AFAIK, there is no way to change its properties.

MMccall
2018-06-20, 06:50 PM
There are a few settings for the arrow at the bottom of the Markers tab of the alignment style but only some of the settings have any effect. The size value works but not the type of arrow. The arrow type seems to follow the leader arrow head set for the current dimension style. Switching to a different dimension style as the default changes the arrow head style used for the alignment. .... weird.

Based on Civil 3D 2015, sp3.

rkmcswain
2018-06-20, 07:30 PM
There are a few settings for the arrow at the bottom of the Markers tab of the alignment style but only some of the settings have any effect. The size value works but not the type of arrow. The arrow type seems to follow the leader arrow head set for the current dimension style. Switching to a different dimension style as the default changes the arrow head style used for the alignment. .... weird.

I did not see that on the Markers tab. Thanks!

Okay, so it works the same way as you describe in Civil 3D 2017, and Civil 3D 2018, and Civil 3D 2019...........
Some bugs never get fixed.

rmk
2018-06-21, 01:18 PM
I can't seem to duplicate this. Can you explain a little further in detail?

I changed the arrowhead in the current dimstyle, regen'd, but nothing changed. i am using 2016

rkmcswain
2018-06-21, 01:24 PM
Change the "Leader" arrowhead type of the current Dimstyle (make sure you're not changing a style override).
Then Regen.

rmk
2018-06-21, 01:51 PM
Change the "Leader" arrowhead type of the current Dimstyle (make sure you're not changing a style override).
Then Regen.

AHH, the "Leader" arrowhead type.....that did it. Thanks. Nothing like burying it deep.

rkmcswain
2018-06-21, 02:46 PM
Yes, I suppose if you want to control that symbol via Dimstyle, you'll have to make sure you don't change the *current* dimstyle.

Brandon Pachol
2018-07-24, 12:31 PM
Changing the direction of the arrow requires a reversing of the alignment direction and the stationing, found under the Modify tab, Design panel, "Alignment", Modify panel, "Reverse Direction".

robert06
2019-01-17, 07:35 AM
Same issues in 2019.
Another thing is that you have to have current layer on, if the arrow is not visible. And it's displayed by current layer color regardless of alignment style settings.