PDA

View Full Version : 2019 "Break"ing an alignment?

Maverick91
2018-08-14, 03:39 PM
I have a pair of alignments I’ve been working for the past few months. Each of them is eventually supposed to be symmetric at a center line. Now I’ve been asked to make the alignments start where each of them crosses the center line, at the midpoint of a circular curve, and then proceed away from the line (two up, two down).

Is there a way to “break” an alignment, similar to the Break command?

Can an alignment start on a circular curve?

TIA

MMccall
2018-08-14, 06:30 PM
If you were able to 'break' them you would still have two alignments, just with a piece broken out of them. Alignments can survive a missing piece. If you edited them so there was no gap they would reconnect and be one again, just with a new alignment point at the former break point.

One option: Copy the two current alignments then remove/trim/edit them back to the centerline. Set their starting station and reverse alignments as needed.

Second option: Keep the two alignments, re-set their starting station at the centerline then add a station equation to reverse the stationing back from 0+0. You'll have 0+0 station at the centerline and then increasing in both direction. Be aware that you'll now need to be cautious of information/labeling refering to 'station' vs 'raw station'.