PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln Center Theater Rendering

lennartik
2003-12-09, 09:40 PM
Here's some renderings I've done for the Lincoln Center Theater Lobby renovation & one of the boardroom for City University of New York. It is so great to be able to render within the same program where the construction docs are made. :lol:

christopher.zoog51272
2003-12-11, 04:34 AM
Welcome!

Very Nice. I like them both. The plasma screens look great. I would perfer a better material on the table, but on the whole very nice.

I like the exterior as well, the colors are fantastic, but the foreshortening of the whole thing turns me off a bit. Try adjusting the camera a bit.

I think the boardroom will be image of the week.

lennartik
2003-12-11, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I wish the accurender took a look at the 3dmax/Viz material editor.

Here's a night view of the theater with the proposed new lighting. I added people & some other stuff in photoshop.

Martin P
2003-12-18, 01:40 PM
I like the water, a filter in photoshop? the neon lights look very realistic too, another IOTW there I think 8)

Martin P
2003-12-18, 01:46 PM
Ahhh ha! I see from the first posting how you did the water. Hope you dont mind, but I'm gonna steal that idea :lol: looks great.... Saw a really nice rendering in a magazine that has another idea I fancy pinching next time I do a rendering - all the people were transparent silhouettes, looked really good.....

Hmmmm just had another look, you even got perspective on the ripples :shock:

beegee
2003-12-18, 09:13 PM
Come again ?

How was the water. ripples etc done ?

Martin P
2003-12-19, 04:10 PM
Come again ?

How was the water. ripples etc done ?

well I am guessing but it looks like the original rendering is done with the water as a perfectly flat mirror surface - the take the image into photoshop and apply the ripple filter, the perspectie bit I am not sure about though? maybe just masked it it strips and progressively reduced the ripple size?

Solomon
2003-12-19, 04:35 PM
He may have also done it as a glass material in AccuRender. This is a rendering I did a couple of years ago - I used glass with some ripple, reflection & a little bit of opacity to create the water effect in this pool rendering. If it were a night shot, it'd probably be even more reflective than it is.

Solomon

beegee
2003-12-20, 02:43 AM
Thanks Martin and Solomon,

Author........ further comments ?

lennartik
2004-01-09, 07:04 PM
it's a pluginn called "flood" for photoshop, that our graphic designer applied.

http://www.flamingpear.com/products.html

beegee
2004-01-11, 02:57 AM
Thanks Lennart,

There are certainly some interesting plug-ins on that site, I will need to check out.