PDA

View Full Version : workset conflict problem

janunson
2005-04-08, 10:12 PM
One of our users is getting an error on saving to central - one of the worksets being reloaded contains a linked file with the same name. Does anyone know how to fix this?

irwin
2005-04-09, 12:09 AM
I'm guessing that two users loaded the same linked file. The solution is to delete the link in the local file, save to central, and then place the link again. The second time it should reuse the linked symbol from the first link so there's no conflict.

janunson
2005-04-13, 01:33 PM
Ok, i got the problem solved.

Wierd thing was, the same person had linked the same file twice -
a DWG was linked in the 3D view, then again in a detail view (they changed their mind about where/how to display it). The 3D view link was already in central, they'd added the detail view link in their local and got the error on the next save to central. Actually this seams like a bit of a software problem, because the program already contained the linked file when the 2nd was added. I'd think it wouldn't let you do that if it's not going to let you save. Also, i wish the error could have told me what file was double linked... There were over 30 files as we were recycling a lot of old AutoCAD details for the project. I deleted a few that i didn' need to and had to go back and re-add them before i happended across the offending double-linked file.