PDA

View Full Version : Export Parcels to Shape files

lholt
2005-04-12, 11:31 PM
My question involves creating parcels from existing polylines and exporting to a shape file to be used in an ESRI - based GIS. I have successfully created the parcels & assummed that they became closed polygons. However, the export to shape routine finds 0 objects on the parcel layer. The parcels & associated data aren't recognized by the export routine. Is there a way to do this?

MHultgren
2005-04-13, 01:31 AM
Have you looked at using LandXML to export? Most GIS systems can impoprt that data readily.

quiggle
2005-04-13, 01:54 AM
Depending on how they were created, the parcels may not become closed polygons. If they were created by importing linework from XML, only the 1st parcel created will be closed with all subsequent parcels using the previous parcel's adjacent side as the final course. Perhaps you can adjust your routine to import this kind of shape.
I do not know the correct procedure to prevent this yet and have only been caught by the problem as well. I think creating the parcels in the drawing within Civil 3D rather than importing will work, but have not tried that method yet.

lholt
2005-04-13, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the responses, I haven't investigated Land XML yet, but will give it a try. Based on what I have tried so far, the topology & export functions don't know what parcels are.
-Larry-

MHultgren
2005-04-13, 07:37 PM
If you have the parcels defined in LDT, you can go to parcel manager and import them to bring in the closed parcel. This will give you duplicate lines at shared PL's. Then run MPEDIT to join and close them for your polygons.