PDA

View Full Version : Sorting and setting up multiple Tool Palettes

Chirag Mistry
2005-04-22, 08:55 PM
1) Is there a way to sort the tool palettes tabs? I have moved them one by one, but when I open another palette and then go back to the old one, they go back to original state.

2) I have multiple tool palettes and am loading them using a macro *_TOOLPALETTEPATH. Once I rename the palette set for one, it changes for other one to... in short I am trying to have project based TP and want them to display the name of the project.

Thanks
Chirag

Mike.Perry
2005-04-23, 05:35 PM
1) Is there a way to sort the tool palettes tabs? I have moved them one by one, but when I open another palette and then go back to the old one, they go back to original state.
PullDownMenu: Tools -> Customize -> Toolpalettes
OR
CommandLine: _.Customize

"Tool Palettes" tab, make required changes there....

2) I have multiple tool palettes and am loading them using a macro *_TOOLPALETTEPATH. Once I rename the palette set for one, it changes for other one to... in short I am trying to have project based TP and want them to display the name of the project.How are you renaming the Palettes?

Do you right-click on the Tool Palette Side Bar and choose "Rename" from the right-click pop-up menu (please refer to attached screen capture).

Have a good one, Mike

Chirag Mistry
2005-04-26, 01:17 PM
Thanks Mike.
I do it the same way, but for some reason it still defaults to the order in which the TP was created, cant sort it.
Also renaming, does'nt seem to work - if you rename and load another palette - it will give it the same name...I think this is a bug in ADT2005.

Chirag Mistry
2005-04-26, 09:08 PM
Also how can I load tool palette groups?

I have the current company TP loaded with groups, and then I switch TP using the _toolpalettepath command to the project TP.
Once I go back to the company TP - I lose all the groups, any clue ?

Thanks

Mike.Perry
2005-04-26, 09:35 PM
Hi
I do it the same way, but for some reason it still defaults to the order in which the TP was created, cant sort it.Pass.... works fine for me here on AutoCAD 2005.

Also renaming, does'nt seem to work - if you rename and load another palette - it will give it the same name...I think this is a bug in ADT2005.Pass.... works fine for me here on AutoCAD 2005

Have a good one, Mike

ps I think there is an echo in here....

Mike.Perry
2005-04-26, 09:55 PM
Hi
Also how can I load tool palette groups?Can't you use the right-click pop-up menu I referenced above.... all available Palette Groups should be listed at the bottom of that menu.

I have the current company TP loaded with groups, and then I switch TP using the _toolpalettepath command to the project TP.
Once I go back to the company TP - I lose all the groups, any clue ?Do you mean the Palette Groups have permanently disappeared (ie. deleted) or the Tool Palette doesn't open at the last displayed Palette Group?

With the above, plus the other couple of points within this thread - Do you definitely have the necessary permissions to amend / alter the Tool Palette files?

Only ask as I honestly cannot reproduce the issues / problems you are currently experiencing.

Have a good one, Mike

bbapties
2005-04-27, 12:21 PM
I believe he means that the "groups" get deleted...and have to be recreated. kind of another reason I didnt care for groups....We also couldnt not figure out a way to make the "groups" network friendly...... Or did we not search enough??

Chirag Mistry
2005-04-29, 01:11 PM
Yes the TP Groups get deleted. I am assuming this has to do something with the profile, coz once I replaced the profile file they come back.

Anyways, here is what I am trying to do

We already have a company TP with groups and I was creating/testing project TP. I was using buttons and the command *_toolpalettepath to load any particular palette. But, in doing so these were the following issues

1) Once I go back to company TP - I lose all the groups, they get deleted.

2) There is no way to sort palette tabs - I guess this has to do with the order they were created.

I have tried many different things but have failed.
Thanks for all the posts.
Chirag