PDA

View Full Version : Help: acad.chm missing?

mikecmix
2005-04-25, 02:22 PM
Whenever I try to access Help (in any way, i.e.; F1, etc.) in AutoCAD 2005 (installed from AIS), all I get is an "AutoCAD message" window saying "cannot help file file: acad.chm". A search finds 31 other *.chm files. Another person using the same software has similar search results, but his Help works. What is looking for this file (acad.chm) and how do I redirect it to look for the correct *.chm?
Thank you,
-Mike Mix

BrenBren
2005-04-25, 02:33 PM
Whenever I try to access Help (in any way, i.e.; F1, etc.) in AutoCAD 2005 (installed from AIS), all I get is an "AutoCAD message" window saying "cannot help file file: acad.chm". A search finds 31 other *.chm files. Another person using the same software has similar search results, but his Help works. What is looking for this file (acad.chm) and how do I redirect it to look for the correct *.chm?
Thank you,
-Mike Mix
The correct one is acad161.chm. I have attached a screen shot showing where it is (on my system, with a standard install); and where you should put it.

I had this problem with 2006 as well, and had to fix the help for that as well. I am not sure why, but I know certain people have had this problem. Hopefully this fixes it for you.

crisp93
2006-04-25, 05:56 PM
My file is named "acad162.chm".

BrenBren
2006-05-04, 03:28 PM
My file is named "acad162.chm".

I think it changes with each version of AutoCAD...mine for 2007 is ACAD170 ~shrug~

autovision
2010-02-17, 02:52 AM
The correct one is acad161.chm. I have attached a screen shot showing where it is (on my system, with a standard install); and where you should put it.

I had this problem with 2006 as well, and had to fix the help for that as well. I am not sure why, but I know certain people have had this problem. Hopefully this fixes it for you.

I had the same problem with 2007 and fixed it by replacing it with acad170.chm. thanks everyone