PDA

View Full Version : Standard Text Heights In Xrefs Used In Multiple Scale Files

skip
2005-05-11, 08:31 PM
Hello,

I have run into an issue that I hope someone can offer some assistance on. I am in a sustaining role and trying to develop master backgrounds for the facilities where I work. We have a standard text height for identification tags (for equipment, HVAC, piping, etc..) that is based on drawings that are 1/8" = 1', resulting in a specific size when plotted. All of the identifying text is part of the background. The problem is when these backgrounds are inserted into a drawing that is 1/4" - 1' (such as a partial plan) the text then becomes too large. Is there some type of text scaling setting that will address this? We are trying to avoid having two text sizes in the backgrounds, or placing text on layers that are specific to that scale.

Thanks

Mike.Perry
2005-05-11, 09:55 PM
Is there some type of text scaling setting that will address this? We are trying to avoid having two text sizes in the backgrounds, or placing text on layers that are specific to that scale.Hi

If you are talking vanilla AutoCAD the answer is "No".

I believe you will have to go with option you are trying to avoid...

Have a good one, Mike

skip
2005-05-11, 10:45 PM
Mike, thanks for the response. I was afraid that this couldn't be done. One question, what do you mean by vanilla AutoCad?

Mike.Perry
2005-05-11, 10:48 PM
One question, what do you mean by vanilla AutoCad?Hi

"Plain Jane" AutoCAD ie. not a vertical Autodesk product like ADT or LDT...

Have a good one, Mike