PDA

View Full Version : Cad Crash during dwfing

smoye
2005-05-11, 10:21 PM
Sometimes when I publish my ADT drawings into multisheet DWFs, ADT will crash. It only happens in some drawings. Does anyone else have this problem?

When this happens I will then dwf each file separately & then compile the dwf's in DWF composer. This is a somewhat lengthy process that i wish i didn't have to do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Stephanie

Steve_Bennett
2005-05-12, 02:26 AM
What version of ADT? I hope it isn't 2004 cause I had nothing but problems trying to publish with that version.

robert.1.hall72202
2005-05-12, 12:42 PM
I used to get Cad crashes..........my issues were due to the cheap memory chips that IT installed on my PC going bad.....registered as 1 gig of ram but was easily topping out at 128mb. I could hardly open any files.

smoye
2005-05-17, 07:52 PM
I'm running ADT 2005. I never have crashing issues usually.... I have a gig of ram on my machine as well.

It only happens to me & others in my group when we go to publish these multi sheet dwf's with sheets pulled from different files. Sometimes it works just fine... but certain files dwf'd will cause the crash.

This forces me to dwf individually. Thank god for DWF composer which allows me to compile all the sheets back into a multi sheet dwf. But still a pain in my rump.