PDA

View Full Version : trellis with a vine

J-G
2003-12-23, 06:04 AM
I have a rendering I would like to do with a trellis and some sort of vine growing up it. I haven't spent any time as of yet on rendering, but now I need to. What would be the best way to do this? Should I render the scene and then try to add the foliage in Photoshop, or are there families that someone knows of?

Thank you for any help...I am also looking for a wider selection of stucco and roof colors, are there better resources?

beegee
2003-12-23, 06:50 AM
Check out this topic on Ivy (www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=462&highlight=ivy)

Accurender may also have something.

If that doesn't work, there is always $RPC.

Re stucco and roof colurs.... try Accurender's site ( Home page link from Zoog ) and RUGI.

Other than that there are many sites for free textures. Some of the links are listed in Rendering topics.

PeterJ
2003-12-23, 09:07 AM
and here (http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=871) is a post on making a parametric lattice which you may wish to use as a component in your trellis. Alternately make a solid trellis with a see through material. It will render correctly and show as a solid item in other views but might be quicker if that is an acceptable route.

J-G
2003-12-23, 06:55 PM
thanks for the help

kriopelle923935
2012-10-14, 12:20 AM
I am similarly trying to create growing vines on a wall but the two links arent leading me anywhere helpful. Might they be refreshed?

apetitde
2012-10-18, 08:26 AM
I advise you to add them on your rendering with photoshop
For your elevations, you can easily create light png files and insert them on revit.

rbcameron1
2012-12-07, 10:06 PM
Unless you export to 3dsMax and acquire some decent vines off turbosquid or something, best to stick with photoshop on this one. OR create the best ever decal of what you want and render it in Revit as an decal image in your view! ;)

contact.andrewk968454
2012-12-14, 06:42 PM
Unless you export to 3dsMax and acquire some decent vines off turbosquid or something, best to stick with photoshop on this one. OR create the best ever decal of what you want and render it in Revit as an decal image in your view! ;)

it's actually fairly doable now with adaptive components. Create a section of vine with 'x' number of leaves and a 3 point selection to handle arcs/angles. It will be heavy as all can be if done realistically, and not really recommended, but it can be done.

rbcameron1
2012-12-17, 04:40 PM
Yeah, I have a very intense model that uses some of those adaptive curtain wall spider connections. I even have a high-end computer and it drags and drags when any decent components are used. Granted, it can be controlled through visibility settings but still....I'd like Revit to be able to handle geometry better. Strange since I put that file into 3dsMax and there is essentially no drag at all.