PDA

View Full Version : CIRCLE.SHX

JAY.69561
2005-05-20, 10:31 PM
HI,
DOES ANYONE HAVE:
CIRCLE.SHX
???
WE GOT A FILE THAT HAS THIS IN IT AND WE DON'T!!!

THANKS,
-J

david-k
2005-05-23, 03:24 PM
Have you asked whoever sent you the drawings in question?

That is a good reason for using pack and go or e-transmit.

JAY.69561
2005-05-23, 04:50 PM
i always use etransmit myself for this reason.
unfortunately the consultant is nowhere to be found anymore.

LanceMcHatton
2005-05-24, 03:24 PM
Do you have a hard copy example of what it's supposed to look like? There's a pretty good chance that it exists as another name as well.

JAY.69561
2005-05-24, 04:44 PM
NO I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE...ALL I KNOW IS IT'S NEEDED WHEN THE DWG FILE IS OPENED AND X-REFS RELOADED.

...SHOULD I CREATE AN EMPTY FILE AND CALL IT CIRCLE.SHX???

LanceMcHatton
2005-05-24, 05:01 PM
SHOULD I CREATE AN EMPTY FILE AND CALL IT CIRCLE.SHX???
I don't think you need to do that. Of course, it all depends on how much of those dwgs you're actually going to use. Are you going to work on those actual drawings or are you going to insert pieces and parts into your own drawings? If the former, then sure, you could copy a file like simple.shx and rename it to circle.shx. If the latter, then just change all the text entities that are using circle.shx to be using your company's standard font.

Also, AutoCAD will substitute a font (usually simplex) for the missing font. I would simply open all the drawings, let ACAD do it's substituting, plot everything out and look over every sheet to see if it looks like all the info is there. Many times you can look at a set of plans and see what the designer was trying to accomplish when you see erroneous areas that a "circle.shx" font would have corrected. Try to see if he was using the font for text (probably not) or a fence line or something. When you figure it out, do your own thing to reproduce it. Heck, once you figure it out, you may realize you don't even NEED it reproduced. Maybe he was using it for his titleblock.

Don't let this hang you up. Keep pushing on regardless.

Good luck!