PDA

View Full Version : One-click Osnap popup AND mbuttonpan

mfowler
2005-05-27, 05:37 PM
For those of you like myself who want to be able to use middle-button pan and also avoid having to shift-rightclick to get to the Osnap popup box, here's a simple way of achieving it.

My mouse has customizable buttons on it (Logitech MX500), so if yours does not, you may have to alter these instructions to get this to work.

1. Go into your mouse software and map one of the buttons to the keystroke F12.

2. In Autocad, pull up the Customize User Interface box (right-click on a toolbar, scroll down to customize).

3. In the top-left window, find Keyboard Shortcuts and expand that group to find Shortcut Keys. Pick that.

4. Now in the top-right window it will list all of the accelerator keys within that group. Scroll down thru the list until you see F12 in the Keys column. I can't remember what command it's natively used for, but it's some obscure command IIRC. If you need to keep that command mapped to F12, you'll have to figure out some other uneeded or unused key to use.

5. When you find the entry for F12, pick that entry. Now in the bottom-right pane (Information), you can rename the command (I used Osnap menu), add a description, and change the macro. The macro you will need to paste in is $P0=SNAP $p0=*

6. Hit OK and let Autocad do it's thing.

Now when you hit the mouse button that you mapped to F12, the osnap menu will popup.

BrenBren
2005-08-09, 07:42 PM
I did something similar to this.

I use my middle button to get my osnap button, and hated the fact that I couldn't use realtime pan and zoom as well. I couldn't get used to hitting shift + right click to get the osnap menu, so I added realtime pan and realtime zoom to my Osnap menu.

To do this, I simply opened up the customization user interface dialog, opened up the object snap cursor menu under my shortcut menus (top left window - if you don't see it, the open display filter dialog button - same window, upper right, next to the save icon - allows you to pick what you can see); and added my realtime pan and realtime zoom to it. Simply drag and drop from the command list.

I love it!

madcadder
2005-08-10, 09:15 PM
For what it's worth... I'm now able to do with a Microsoft Trackball what I was able to do with a Logitech MarbleFX back in 99.
I just upgraded to IntelliPoint 5.2 drivers from 5.0. 5.0 does not support Keystroke Combinations defined to a button. 5.2 does. :D

To my MNS file I added:

***POP36
ID_MNPop0 [Pop 0 Menu]
ID_Pop00 [&Pop 0]$P0=SNAP $p0=*

***ACCELERATORS
ID_Pop00 [CONTROL+ALT+"F12"]

***HELPSTRINGS
ID_Pop00 [Activates the Pop 0 Menu]

Now I have MBUTTONPAN and Pop 0. Me so happy.