PDA

View Full Version : Oce printers. Any Good?

Chad Smith
2005-06-01, 05:50 AM
We have a fairly new printer in our office, and it's performance is becoming inconsistent.

Recently I have been having problems with prints disappearing into cyberspace, partially printed sheets and stray lines printing over sheets. Not to mention PDF's that just refuse to print. We have had service techs, locally and from interstate have a look at it, and they are stumped.

I am maybe considering mentioning this to management and suggest getting something different, maybe on Oce printer.
Has anyone here got a large format Oce printer, and how does it perform in quality and reliability? How do they compare in cost to other brands? How does it go with Revit?

I can also see the advantage of the Oce Publisher software as a great printing tool for all the rest of the office (non-CAD users) to print drawings.

Taylor A
2005-06-01, 09:36 AM
We have and OCE 9300. 300 dpi. Quite good and prints anything. We originally had the OCE Plot Director software that allowed you to direct all sorts of files to the printer, call up numbers, colate sets, scale PLT files etc etc. But they no longer support it in WINDOWS XP. We had it in WINDOWS 2000. But the printer still works fine.

david.kingham
2005-06-01, 01:59 PM
9600 Here, It works good now that we have all drivers setup, very crisp prints out of revit

Andre Baros
2005-06-01, 02:25 PM
TDS 400 Very few issues... only 2 tech calls in 3 years, both turned out to be simple. Managed on site by our Repro house at very low cost to us. We outsource all our large volumne to TDS 9600 without an problems ever.