PDA

View Full Version : This one pesky stray line . . .

Dean Camlin
2004-01-05, 04:56 PM
I might be satisfied with the attached rendering as a first attempt for discussions with the owner, but there's an obtrusive stray line in the ceiling. The ceiling material is intended to be linear metal spanning between some drywall covers over radial trusses. There's a big bulkhead down the middle of the room supporting a folding partition.

The ceiling material is actually Accurender's horizontal siding, rotated in each wedge to match the orientation I wanted.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to get rid of that unwanted line?

Steve_Stafford
2004-01-05, 05:02 PM
Any chance it's a model line that got "left" in? If not, how about a quick trip into photo shop and "erase" it?

hand471037
2004-01-05, 05:09 PM
Those 'siding' materials are all made with the tile material map. That line is the vertical of the tile pattern.

If you want to make it real simple, just pick that siding material, use it as a template for a new material, give it the name you'll remember/want, and then double or triple the X value under 'nominal size' in the tile map settings. Then the interval of that line will be far beyond your ceiling patch distance, and won't show up anymore.

If is still shows up, your other option would be to use a bitmap of a stripe, or you could try a procedural wood pattern with zero turbulance.

Dean Camlin
2004-01-05, 05:16 PM
Thanks, Steve, it's not a model line; the ceiling is one piece.

I think Jeffrey's probably right about it being the edge of the material map. But I think, rather that trying to change its scale or resize it, I'm going to try moving the map. I'll let you know.

sbrown
2004-01-05, 05:44 PM
The material has a tile used in its creation, you just need to change the value to even more than it is, ie 10,000 feet. Accurender doesn't let you do just parallel lines you have to use a tile. Or just switch to a image map type material.

hand471037
2004-01-05, 05:53 PM
That's what I was getting at Scott, you're dead-on; it's not the material scale you're changing, it's the size of the 'tile' you're changing. It's just that Accurender sizes everything via relitive scales, so if the material's main scale is 1.0, and the tile scale is 0.5 both X & Y, you'll see four tiles per side of a 1x1 cube. :screwy:

Dean Camlin
2004-01-05, 07:12 PM
I see what you mean now, Jeffrey. The material becomes linear because the x-value is so great (8333 for x versus 0.5 for y). I had thought I could get rid of the stray line by changing the x offset, but there was no effect. I think I'll have to go with your suggestion about using a bitmap.

Les Therrien
2004-01-08, 03:55 AM
Jeffrey,

Thanks for all the laughs. Your attitude, your avatars, and proper use of emoticons are reason enough to come to this website. Forget Revit. LOL :lol: