PDA

View Full Version : 3ddwfpublish Challange

lswinea
2005-06-06, 08:38 PM
I have discovered, and fallen in love with, the 3ddwfpublish command.
For me the ability to create a 3d model that I can send to a client to look at before I go forward with cd's and cnc parts breakdown, is the greatest feature in years.
Now, here's where we throw in the "but"..................
But, how can I create a 3d model that does not render?
Okay, in AutoCAD, I create a model of a reception cabinet, doors, drawers, interior shelves, grommets, toe kick, the works, right?
Then I use the Shade/Hidden command, get a nice little 3d model.
Using 3D orbit I can twist and spin my model. THIS is what I want my 3ddwfpublish model to end up looking like.
Can I do this?

Steve_Bennett
2005-06-09, 04:28 PM
I thought you could do that with 3D DWF. I know you can with ADT, I think it's simply however you set up your plot functions. Probably want to make sure that shaded plots is active in the box for printing.

lswinea
2005-06-09, 05:50 PM
Steve,
With 3ddwfpiblish you get a really nice 3d model that can be rotated, zoomed, the works.
BUT, it comes out rendered. So unless you go through and apply materials to all surfaces, and set up lights to get correct shades and shadows, then what you get is a one color rendered model.
Not cool at all.
If I can create a model, used the hidden command in shademode and then use 3D Orbit, and get the effect I want, then why can't I do this using 3ddwfpublish?
Surly someone out there knows the answer.