PDA

View Full Version : Using fields how to set up with multi. line text

pangell
2005-06-07, 02:31 PM
I am makeing a title block but the sheet title info needs to be on multi. lines not just one. So when I make it. it goes off the page how do I tell to youse multi lines. insted of just 1 line ????????

Steve_Bennett
2005-06-07, 04:13 PM
Please note I've moved this from the ADT forum to this one as I feel it would be better served here since fields are an AutoCAD item at heart.

RobertB
2005-06-07, 04:53 PM
Attributes cannot support multiple lines of text. If you are using SSM you can do what we have done: In the project's template drawing we XRef the titleblock drawing. That XRef has all the line/artwork for the titleblock. The fields are placed in the template itself as MText objects grouped to the XRef.

pangell
2005-06-07, 05:40 PM
I got it to work some what.. But my drawing title will not update when I insert it into the sheets. If you can take a look at it to see where I am going wrong.

RobertB
2005-06-07, 07:30 PM
Perhaps you misunderstood me. The titleblock drawing itself should not contain the fields. The titleblock should be XRefed into the template used for the project, and individual MText objects holding the fields are positioned in relation to the XRef, and then grouped to the XRef.

pangell
2005-06-07, 09:21 PM
I still can not get it to work. I try. But in all the feilds nothing showes up. When I select like CuttrntSheetTitle. and I have a title it will not work.

RobertB
2005-06-09, 05:19 AM
You have to use the placeholder fields.