PDA

View Full Version : HPLTRPL9.exe -Program error

AutoTAD
2005-06-08, 05:14 PM
I had a user recently receive this message in A2K5 LT sp1(Win2K, HP500 Designjet). (see attachment)

The user received it "almost" every time she went to plot. I started looking for plot driver updates, etc. I then found a little obscure post on the web that suggested folder "depth" as a problem.
If you look at the attached screen capture, she had her drawings buried eight levels down in her folder structure. When I had her move the drawing file out to her desktop, we were able to successfully plot again.

Other than this workaround, I'm not sure there is a fix for this. Has anyone ever come across this issue? any other resolutions?

Thanks,
-Tad Wirmel
(aka autoTAD)

pendean
2005-06-12, 05:04 PM
A stab in the dark: would setting FULLPLOTPATH variable to zero help? Not sure if it in LT or not.

Mike.Perry
2005-06-12, 10:41 PM
A stab in the dark: would setting FULLPLOTPATH variable to zero help? Not sure if it in LT or not.Hi

Note - system variable FullPlotPath is only relevant to AutoCAD 2006 based products.

Have a good one, Mike

AutoTAD
2005-06-13, 08:55 PM
Just thought I would share an update. She is still plotting with no problems. The folder depth definitely has something to do with it.

My hunch says that the plot driver is a little out dated for this older plotter. I am thinking that the driver maybe caching some sort of plot file to the same folder the drawing resides in, thus struggling with folder depth.

I havent proved it yet, just my "gut feel."

Later,
-Tad Wirmel
(aka autoTAD)