PDA

View Full Version : dwf viewer blank

spikymike
2005-06-10, 11:16 AM
i recently updated my DWF Viewer to version 6.0 when i got a message saying there was an update so naturally i clicked on 'yes' to update to the newer viewer, and now it opens up 3d dwf's fine but when i open any 2d dwf, the viewer is "blank" and none of the menus work.
Previously before updating it, all my dwf's viewed fine in the older version of the viewer. My colleague also has the same problem, we both have latest windows XP prof. OS and use latest version of Revit. i tried uninstalling the new dwf viewer and installing the older version 5 as i kept the older .exe file. But for some reason it reverts back to the version 6.0, so im stuck with it. Has anyone else had this problem?? it is really got me stuck as we cannot open or print any of our 2d drawings saved as dwf files

Mike.Perry
2005-06-10, 10:56 PM
Hi

Can you please post an example 2D DWF file you currently can not open.

I use DWF Viewer version 6 (see attached screen capture for full details), and have not experienced the problem you are experiencing with 2D DWF files.

Have a good one, Mike

spikymike
2005-06-12, 08:53 AM
for client confidentiality reasons i cannot post any of my work, however i have sent a file to our software supplier and they opened and viewed the file without a problem on their viewer ( version 6.0) so i have established that it is definitely the viewer, but why my viewer is just blank for 2D dwf's, i have no idea why?? yet strangely when i open 3d dwf's the viewer functions fine.

Brian Myers
2005-06-17, 06:01 PM
You might want to try un-installing the software, reboot.
Install the software again and see what happens.. this might not work, but it's worth a shot as I've seen it work on occassion...