PDA

View Full Version : Image tile menus becoming obsolete?

Ferroequine
2005-06-13, 04:07 PM
I, like others I'm sure, have a fairly extensive set of pull down libraries that contain most of my companies standard blocks etc.

When I ported our MNS file over to a CUI file, it took me a moment to find our Image Tile Menus. Ah, here they are, under Legacy -- great. But I cannot add any entries to them! I can only modify what is there, or delete. :banghead:

So has Autodesk, in its Great Wisdom, decided to start dropping Image Tile Menus?

Steve Johnson
2005-06-14, 03:03 AM
Unlike the screen menu, image menus have not yet been deprecated by Autodesk, so I don't expect them to go away soon.

You can add entries. Use the New button to add your macro to the command list in the lower left command pane and drag it into the image tile menu in the upper right pane. There, you can specify the slide, etc.

I still prefer Notepad to the CUI editor, though. Besides, most of my image menu files are auto-generated by a LISP routine that I can't be bothered updating to create XML code, so I'll continue to work with MNU files and import them as partial menus when required.

Ferroequine
2005-06-14, 02:35 PM
I still prefer Notepad to the CUI editor, though. Besides, most of my image menu files are auto-generated by a LISP routine that I can't be bothered updating to create XML code, so I'll continue to work with MNU files and import them as partial menus when required. Thanks for the input Steve! I think I've got it now.

I though about maintaining an MNU and importing it too, seeing as though I also much prefer an editor (Multi-Edit, in my case). Do you foresee any potential pitfalls in doing that, other than having to re-import the menu every time?

- Vince

Steve Johnson
2005-06-15, 01:32 AM
If you import a partial MNU containing only image menus, there should be no problems. There are too many MNU/CUI conversion bugs to want to do it with a complete menu, though. The only drawback I see with using MNU as your base for image menus is that I don't know how long Autodesk is going to continue MNU support. I expect it will be at least a few releases, though.