PDA

View Full Version : Setting Lineweights in LT2005

CHRISR.88946
2005-06-14, 03:04 PM
HELLO IM NEW HERE AND I NEED SOME HELP. i JUST PURCHASED LT 2005 AND I LOOKED THROUGH THE BOOK TO SEE HOW TO SET LINEWEIGHTS, AND I WAS NOT SUCCUESFUL WITH THAT. SO NOW I TURN TO THE FORUMS IF ANYONE CAN HELP I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT. AGAIN I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO SET THE LINEWEIGHTS.
THANK YOU
CHRIS R.

Wanderer
2005-06-14, 03:10 PM
HELLO IM NEW HERE AND I NEED SOME HELP. i JUST PURCHASED LT 2005 AND I LOOKED THROUGH THE BOOK TO SEE HOW TO SET LINEWEIGHTS, AND I WAS NOT SUCCUESFUL WITH THAT. SO NOW I TURN TO THE FORUMS IF ANYONE CAN HELP I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT. AGAIN I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO SET THE LINEWEIGHTS.
THANK YOU
CHRIS R.
Chris, I've split this off as it's own question, and moved it from the ACAD general forum, as I think it will be better served here.

Thanks.

Beth Powell
2005-06-14, 06:34 PM
Looks like a duplicate post?
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=21076

Depending on your plot style (.ctb vs. .stb) you will either set your lineweights with the layer (.ctb) or in the plot style (.stb).

Welcome to AUGI!

CHRISR.88946
2005-06-14, 07:24 PM
AHH I FIGURED IT OUT I JUST WENT TO HELP AND SEARCHED THROUGH ALL OF THE LINEWEIGHTS TOPICS AND THE COMMAND WAS: STYLESMANAGER AND IN THERE I MADE A PLOT STYLE AND IT ALLOWDER ME TO SET ALL OF MY LINEWEIGHTS TO WHAT I NEEDED

CHRIS R.

Wanderer
2005-06-14, 07:37 PM
AHH I FIGURED IT OUT I JUST WENT TO HELP AND SEARCHED THROUGH ALL OF THE LINEWEIGHTS TOPICS AND THE COMMAND WAS: STYLESMANAGER AND IN THERE I MADE A PLOT STYLE AND IT ALLOWDER ME TO SET ALL OF MY LINEWEIGHTS TO WHAT I NEEDED

CHRIS R.
Chris, thanks for posting your solution! :mrgreen:

CHRISR.88946
2005-06-15, 05:53 PM
ok so i have my lineweights set the way i need them. not when i plot them out some of the line with setting such as yellow: .009, cyan: .015 they dont come out right they come out as really close dotted lines as if it is just lightly spraying on the ink. but white which is set at .020 comes out perfectly fine. this happened on my old computer as well i cant figure out if its in the plotter or lt 2005 because the test print comes out great if anyone can help i would really appreciate it.
thank you,
chris r.

tyshofner
2005-06-15, 07:05 PM
In your plot style file (*.ctb) check the "screening" of those associated colors that are plotting to light. If the screening is less than 100 then the lines will plot like you have described. Basically 100 is solid and a number like 50 will plot with the little dots (or "screened"). Just something to check.

Ty :mrgreen:

CHRISR.88946
2005-06-16, 12:39 PM
thanks ty but all of the lineweights are set at 100 % so its still plotting out all spotted.

tyshofner
2005-06-16, 03:00 PM
Just another thing to check:

Are all your colors set to print "black"? For example if you have yellow set to print "yellow" when you send this to a monochrome plotter it will come out very light and "dotted". Make sure in your *.ctb file that the colors are set to print "black". White (by default) prints black so that is probably why the layer that is white looks fine and the others do not. Check it out, and let us know.

Ty :mrgreen:

CHRISR.88946
2005-06-16, 07:09 PM
WELL I FOUND WHY IT WAS DOING THAT AND IT WAS IN GREYSCALE I SWITCHED IT AND IT CAME OUT PERFECT i APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP. THIS FORUM IS WAY BETTER THAN PAYING 165 PER HR FOR ACAD SUPPORT
THANK YOU ALL
CHRIS R.

CHRISR.88946
2005-06-20, 03:16 PM
hello again, I have another problem, this time its with saving down to r12 and not being to open it in r14 any help would be great.
oh and im using lt 2005
thanks
chris