PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing contour line

christo4robin
2003-05-16, 04:13 PM
I have a revised topo surface--I'm editing the points--and in one area where I am creating a drainage swale, the contour line is disappearing
mysteriously.

In edit mode I see all the points in the right spot, just no line in the
normal view.

Any suggestions?

Christopher

bmadsen
2003-07-14, 06:38 PM
Have you solved the problem? What did you do?

This week-end I tried to import an AutoCAD 2000 drawing with topo lines and convert it to a surface as described in Revit help. Results were mixed with different approaches and have yet to find the proper sequence of steps.

The next method is to extrude each topo-layer in AutoCAD and import the finished "objects" into Revit - tedious and non-elegant.

Steve_Stafford
2003-07-14, 07:10 PM
It's been my observation that you can expect swales to be "cut" off when your contour interval is too great to display the small change(s) you need when cutting a "tight" swathe through your site.

I have had some success reducing the contour interval to smaller than "normal" increments but you then end up with a great deal more contour lines.

I haven't dug in enough to bother support with it, because I haven't been attempting to do real site design/modeling yet. If you are, maybe support can enlighten you and then you, us?

PeterJ
2003-07-15, 06:38 AM
I think the longhand way around this is to tighten your contour increment to 200 mm 8" or whatever you find appropriate and then pick trace your lines with a drafting line set to your preferred 'detail contour line' type and then reset the contour lines to 1000 mm intervals or whatever the default was. This way you can pick up detail in certain areas of your choosing.

I have had a little trouble picking topo lines in general so you would need to experiment with this.

P