PDA

View Full Version : Trouble deciding what "HVAC/Plumb" detailing software to purchase

gkennedy
2005-07-05, 09:55 PM
I am the CAD manager of a Design Build Mech Contractor HVAC/Plumb. We are trying to decide on what Detailing software (we are still on AutoCAD 2000 *shock I know* and looking to upgrade) to Purchase I have had demos of: Building Systems (not really Detailing Software), Cad-Pipe/Duct, East-Coast CAD and Quick-pens Mech duct software.

I would love to find some people that have gone through this process and could answer some questions give some feedback/guidance. Any assistance is Greatly Appreciated.

Wanderer
2006-08-04, 03:31 AM
I am the CAD manager of a Design Build Mech Contractor HVAC/Plumb. We are trying to decide on what Detailing software (we are still on AutoCAD 2000 *shock I know* and looking to upgrade) to Purchase I have had demos of: Building Systems (not really Detailing Software), Cad-Pipe/Duct, East-Coast CAD and Quick-pens Mech duct software.

I would love to find some people that have gone through this process and could answer some questions give some feedback/guidance. Any assistance is Greatly Appreciated.I'm sorry, I haven't actually moved to any MEP-specific software, but, just wanted to update this thread with the Revit Systems (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=6668606&siteID=123112)information (I believe this currently comes bundled with ABS as it's the first release)