PDA

View Full Version : Nice new feature for Metal Deck

Tom Weir
2005-07-14, 05:23 PM
Hi all,
One of the new features of Revit Structure that is really excellent is the ability to show metal deck in section. The older version could not do tha,t so if you cut a section you had to make a repeating detail in order to show it in section.

When you create a slab, arrows indicating the extent and span direction of the deck is created. By rotating the span indicator you can modify the display in section.

Excellent work by the Revit developers...which makes the section cuts much more accurate and simple to create. I am still having problems with the edge of slab though.

Have a great day....

Tom Weir
Los Angeles

gkite
2005-07-28, 07:24 PM
Tom,

I agree this feature is great for floor slabs but I do not understand why this was not done for roofs with metal deck. A detail component is provided but the ability to specify the span of roof deck and then have the sections accurately represented would nice.

Tom Weir
2005-07-28, 10:21 PM
I have informed the Revit developers and it is on their to-do list I believe. You're right though it is definately needed for roofs as well.

If you need to show the roof deck in section before that you can make a 2d repeating detail from the deck element and add it to your section quite easily.

Tom Weir
Los Angeles