PDA

View Full Version : Hatch properties of Walls

BCrouse
2005-07-15, 09:45 PM
How do you get the wall hatch to stop where the wall intersects? How do you get the wall hatch so it is not cut out when other walls intersect with it?

Thank you,

Steve_Bennett
2005-07-18, 06:00 AM
When working with these types of items, it may be a good time to reevaluate your graphics standards as ADT walls can't do everything. Don't get me wrong - they have the ability to be very detailed, but the more components you try to add to the walls, the harder it will be to make them look the way you want.

phyllisr
2005-08-19, 02:00 AM
This one interests me. Would you be willing to post a sketch of what you want the ADT walls to do and the walls you want to perform in that particular way? After bunches of trial and error discussion about material definitions for wall hatching and the problems with global and object orientation for the materials (ever try to create an object override for hatching when the hatch is from the global material definition setting?) we have a few processes in place to make things look "perfect" with an object override. For those who are seriously picky (like me) and want to use a clip of the plan for a plan detail... I'd like to take a look and see exactly what you are trying to accomplish. Personal interest, mostly.

Thanks.
PBR

psustruct.84232
2005-08-19, 04:13 PM
Off the cuff, Id say "Clean-up Group Deifnitions." If the two intersecting walls are in different Clean-up Group, they will not talk to each other.

Terry

Chuckyd67
2005-08-30, 12:47 PM
I agree with the wall cleanup groups concept. This concept tends to follow the realities of the construction process. For example, the stud space of a gypsum board wall will never penetrate to the cell cavities of a CMU wall. Similar conditions are found with non-rated partitions abutting rated partitions.