PDA

View Full Version : A Better Explode Command: Xplode

Glenn Pope
2005-07-18, 04:53 PM
Every one has used explode to break object down to there individual entities, but have you ever wanted to do more. Well check out the other explode command, XPLODE. This command will not only do what the original explode does, but it will also allow you to change its color, layer, linetype, lineweight, or inherit from the parent block.

Chris Matira
2005-12-09, 06:31 AM
nice tip...

sudhirkizhakoote
2005-12-10, 10:11 AM
wow!! its good..........

LanceMcHatton
2005-12-12, 11:47 PM
Every one has used explode to break object down to there individual entities, but have you ever wanted to do more. Well check out the other explode command, XPLODE. This command will not only do what the original explode does, but it will also allow you to change its color, layer, linetype, lineweight, or inherit from the parent block.
After researching this a bit, it looks as though XPLODE is a lisp that ships with AutoCAD, right?

Mike.Perry
2005-12-13, 12:02 AM
After researching this a bit, it looks as though XPLODE is a lisp that ships with AutoCAD, right?Hi

The following is true for AutoCAD 2005

XPlode comes via the ARX file "acxplode.arx".

Have a good one, Mike

LanceMcHatton
2005-12-13, 12:11 AM
Hi

The following is true for AutoCAD 2005

XPlode comes via the ARX file "acxplode.arx".

Have a good one, MikeRight then! So that would mean that you are not able to use it as an AutoCAD command within lisp, correct? You would have to do the (c: xplode) thing, right?

I tried changing one of my lisps to use the XPLODE command instead of the EXPLODE command. I was hoping it would replace 4 lines of code (including creating a selection set) with just one. But I don't think it's gonna happen.

Mike.Perry
2005-12-13, 12:32 AM
Right then! So that would mean that you are not able to use it as an AutoCAD command within lisp, correct? You would have to do the (c:xplode) thing, right?Hi

That should not be the case ( as far as I know ), but having just carried out a quick test, I note you need to load "acxplode.arx", then run it as you showed above eg

(c:XPlode)Have a good done, Mike

LanceMcHatton
2005-12-13, 04:12 PM
Hi

That should not be the case ( as far as I know ), but having just carried out a quick test, I note you need to load "acxplode.arx", then run it as you showed above eg

(c:XPlode)Have a good done, Mike Right, you can use it as a lisp within a lisp, but not like a command. I'm not going to be able to use any of the options that come along with XPLODE.