PDA

View Full Version : Beams on radial grids

rob.goetze
2005-07-19, 08:06 PM
I was hoping to find a way to have a beam follow the curve of a radial grid. I realize that in most situations, a straight beam would span between the columns on a radial grid, but there might be situations where it is desirable (even if just for aesthetic reasons) to have the beam curve along the grid.

Other than "create-in-place" (using sweep), is there a way of accomplishing this? Obviously, I'd like a "click on the curved segment of the array" method (similar to ADT's "Structural member from linework" command), but anything which saves time over the create-in-place would be helpful.

Thanks!

Paul Andersen
2005-07-19, 08:33 PM
AFAIK the "create-in-place" method is still the best way to accomplish this. I know several people have asked the factory for a quicker way to handle this.

rob.goetze
2005-07-19, 09:21 PM
Thanks for your quick reply. Good to know that the factory is hearing about this too.

Tom Weir
2005-07-19, 11:29 PM
Hi
Create-in-place solutions are not appropriate for such basic structural tasks, but rather should be reserved for really unique stuff. Curved members is a great example of this. Almost every job we do has one or more curved members.
This has been brought up many times before on the Revit forum. We need to hear from the developers when we can expect the fix.

Tom Weir
Los Angeles