PDA

View Full Version : Mutiple Grip Select

tjh2
2005-07-27, 05:03 PM
Select object(s) to get grips. Hold the shift key and pick the grips you want to make "hot" and stretch as a group.

robert.1.hall72202
2005-07-27, 05:19 PM
Not to be a pest but I have a really good question:

What would multiple grip selection be good for???

I have always chosen to move all grips at the same location (ie grips on top of each other) or just a single grip that stands alone.

Multiple grips just might not be useful in my daily workings.

Can you give me an example?

scwegner
2005-07-27, 05:25 PM

I have always chosen to move all grips at the same location (ie grips on top of each other) or just a single grip that stands alone.

Didn't we cover this before in an earlier thread? Anyway, multiple grips give you multple stretch. Select an object, select multiple grips, stretch one grip and the others follow.

jhohman
2005-07-27, 05:54 PM

Just want to addd my 2 cents.....

The usefulness of this tip really depends on what you use AutoCAD for, as for architectural, you may want to shift say a stepped footing and for exaple you want the top to bottem section to shift, you can highlight all objects, then make multiple grips "hot" and perform a stretch on all grips by shifting only one "hot grip". I use multiple grip selections, not as much as MSTRETCH in the express tools, but if there's alot of entities in the area I am modifying, multiple grips can be easier than removing a ton of unneeded objects.

andy.manninen
2006-01-04, 10:16 PM
OMG!!!! This command is the greatest!! Why, you may ask? Civil Engineering i say! if i need to move a swale over five feet, i just make the grips hot and drag the contours over! That is soooo cool! Thanks!