PDA

View Full Version : Shopfront render, modelled in ADT 2006

westcad
2005-08-02, 12:13 PM
been working on reducing intensity of reds. Modelled in ADT2006, linked to Vizrender for rendering and adding people with RPC

Maverick91
2005-08-02, 01:52 PM
been working on reducing intensity of reds. Modelled in ADT2006, linked to Vizrender for rendering and adding people with RPC
This looks a lot like the other image (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=22372) you posted. It looks good.

westcad
2005-08-02, 06:41 PM
yes it is same client but different store. I have been trying to reduce the dominance of the red bulkheads and columns, and matching the materials closer to what is actually used. I have 60 odd stores to document so I might get it right by the end. I am now looking at getting a better variety of shoes and am going to try and get Tina back on the ground were she belongs....

Opie
2005-08-02, 06:44 PM
...am going to try and get Tina back on the ground were she belongs....I just thought the shoes made you feel lighter :lol:

bbapties
2005-08-02, 06:46 PM
Look!! ... It's David Blaine! ;-)

honestly, I would have never saw it with out you pointing it out...

BrenBren
2005-08-02, 06:56 PM
yes it is same client but different store. I have been trying to reduce the dominance of the red bulkheads and columns, and matching the materials closer to what is actually used. I have 60 odd stores to document so I might get it right by the end. I am now looking at getting a better variety of shoes and am going to try and get Tina back on the ground were she belongs....
I didn't notice that either, but I was going to comment on the lack of variety of shoes. Looks like the place where we go to get our safety shoes - What do you mean, you don't have any open toed safety shoes ;)

Another thing, and I don't do renderings, I know nothing about this so I might be way off base, feel free to tell me if I am, but the reflections on the floor don't look right. I wouldn't think you would see the shelves on the back wall reflecting out into the hallway. Next time I go to the mall, I am gonna look, but it just doesn't look right to me, but like I said, I could be totally off base on this - feel free to tell me to go take a flying leap :)

Glenn Pope
2005-08-02, 07:03 PM
It looks like the girl on the right looking at the shelves is floating a little bit off the ground ;) I think the reflection of the back shelves is ok.

Overall its a great render. http://img126.exs.cx/img126/997/36_1_11.gif

BrenBren
2005-08-02, 07:26 PM
It looks like the girl on the right looking at the shelves is floating a little bit off the ground ;) I think the reflection of the back shelves is ok.

Overall its a great render. http://img126.exs.cx/img126/997/36_1_11.gif
See, I told ya I didn't know what I was talking about.... But, I like the floating girl, she's kind of cool...It's a great advertising campaign. Our shoes are so comfortable, you'll feel like you're walking on air :)

westcad
2005-08-03, 06:40 AM
I might pass your suggestion on to the client to use in their advertising...

cwade
2005-08-03, 05:09 PM

Have you tried taking a digital photo of each material used and using that as your material pattern (by cropping to only show a portion of material that can be repeated)?

jakob_k
2006-03-09, 10:40 PM
hi,
i'm new to renderings, but it seems a simple effect for shoe variety to change colors or map a new material. the shoes are fairly small so details can be "fudged".
karl

Mike.Perry
2006-12-23, 06:13 AM
been working on reducing intensity of reds. Modelled in ADT2006, linked to Vizrender for rendering and adding people with RPCHi "westcad"

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD Gallery (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179) forum to this one...

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

david_peterson
2006-12-25, 07:22 PM
I'd love to know how you did the letters on the Sign. So far the only way I've seen in ADT was to find a good text style and explode it and turn it into solids. Very painful process.

Thanks

westcad
2006-12-26, 11:37 AM
I use several methods to acheive signage.
1. Apply bitmap to surface
2. Vectorise bitmap using adobe illustrator
3. Use bitmap as underlay in ADT and trace, then create mass elements

I tend to use the no.3 most of all as it is more flexible

.chad
2006-12-26, 02:24 PM
yes it is same client but different store. I have been trying to reduce the dominance of the red bulkheads and columns, and matching the materials closer to what is actually used. I have 60 odd stores to document so I might get it right by the end. I am now looking at getting a better variety of shoes and am going to try and get Tina back on the ground were she belongs....turning the luminance on the red down should make it "pop" less. you can also look into dirt mapping - which is the process of taking an image map and adding some grime to it so it looks less like an image map on a surface, and more like an actual object.

dzatto
2006-12-26, 10:02 PM
Another nice job! The reflelctions look fine to me. How far they go into the hallway depends on the angle of the camera. The lower your eye level, the longer the reflection (I think!)
Dan