PDA

View Full Version : Video Card Requirements

jrichardson
2005-08-02, 06:19 PM
What type of video card should I be specing out for our Revit structure workstations? I have heard from a reseller to get at least a 128 MB card and make sure it supports OpenGL. Looking for recommendations. We plan on starting off with 2 GIG of Ram for memory.

thanks,
jamie

tarch
2005-08-02, 08:02 PM
There have been numerous posts regarding video cards. The essence is, if you are not going to render, 32Mb is more than enough.

niki_funky
2005-08-03, 07:19 AM
There have been numerous posts regarding video cards. The essence is, if you are not going to render, 32Mb is more than enough. Hi.
I don't think that the video card has anything to do with the rendering. Rendering is using only CPU power. 3d geometry however is using a lot of memory.So I think more memory more speed you gain.

best regards
niki

muttlieb
2005-08-03, 02:40 PM
There are plenty of threads about video cards, just search the hardware forum. But the nvidia Quadro FX cards seems to be a pretty popular choice. See THIS (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=10930&page=1&pp=10) thread, 32MB video card is fine. OpenGL support is important, and nvidia's OpenGL support is excellent.