PDA

View Full Version : Recomended Laptop

AcadDurango
2005-08-10, 06:06 PM
I just readed Cadalyst article on mobile workstation and the test they make, but i can´t afford, for now, a mobile workstation, so speaking in terms of a laptop, is there any recomendation, i will buy one in the next future, and some help and advice on buying the right one is welcome

Gracias

Rafa Estrada

andrewp
2005-08-15, 10:00 PM
Does anyone have suggestions on beefed-up Laptops that will perform as well as my Desktop? I know that Dell has some powerful gaming machines, dude... but, the price is also powerful. I am not familiar enough with many other brands to make a comfortable decision. Thoughts?;)

-Drew

Rafa Estrada-
I too am looking for views on Laptop Workstations... read through the following thread... it may be of some help in your decision...

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=23821&highlight=laptop

Mike.Perry
2005-08-15, 10:31 PM
Does anyone have suggestions on beefed-up Laptops that will perform as well as my Desktop? I know that Dell has some powerful gaming machines, dude... but, the price is also powerful. I am not familiar enough with many other brands to make a comfortable decision. Thoughts?;)Hi

Have you seen this thread - Seeking info on Laptop: Pentium M vs Pentium 4 (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=23821)

Have a good one, Mike

AcadDurango
2005-08-15, 10:48 PM
Thanks Drew, thanks mike

I have decided P4 with 512 Mb or 1 GB Ram, Hdd 60 GB, Cd-rw; but speaking of brands its hard to get many of them, in the local market i can find: compaq, hp, sony and toshiba, now the big dilema $$$, the hp or compaq cost 1/3 or 2/3 the sony or toshiba, and the four brands meet my global requirements, i will accept help or should i toss a coin?

jaberwok
2005-08-16, 06:52 AM
I don't know if they are available to you but Siemens have received good reviews in europe for their current portable workstation range - and they are competively priced.

RobertAitken
2005-08-17, 08:05 AM
Thanks Drew, thanks mike

I have decided P4 with 512 Mb or 1 GB Ram, Hdd 60 GB, Cd-rw; but speaking of brands its hard to get many of them, in the local market i can find: compaq, hp, sony and toshiba, now the big dilema $$$, the hp or compaq cost 1/3 or 2/3 the sony or toshiba, and the four brands meet my global requirements, i will accept help or should i toss a coin?
Have a look at ACER. Good prices and spec. They made a big push into the UK and are Number 2 or 3.

Robert Aitken

Mike.Perry
2005-08-17, 09:57 AM
Have a look at ACER. Good prices and spec. They made a big push into the UK and are Number 2 or 3.Hi

Totally agree with Robert here, "Acer" along with ViewSonic make up very good products from Taiwan (in my humble opinion) that are also very well priced.

Have a good one, Mike

AcadDurango
2005-08-17, 07:02 PM
thanks mike, thanks robert, i will check the Acer