PDA

View Full Version : Consultant's Revisions

de-co1
2005-08-23, 09:38 AM
The Problem:
We receive several revised drawings from consultants on a daily basis. Usually only one or two people are emailed these, and the drawings are placed into a received folder for that date and that consultant. The problem is that the people who receive these, often fail to inform other team members of the 'new arrivals', or people simply don't get the message, which leads to us sometimes working on outdated drawings.

All the drawing issue sheets in this office are typed out on Word, but sent and received as PDF.

The Question:
Does anyone know of a way to automatically log these files as the new ones are placed in a new folder, so that one can refer to one single file (in whatever common format), and by simply clicking on a link, open up the latest received file. Our drawing files are received as PDF for preliminary and/or comment, and DWG for a Construction issue.

Issues:
I am the new guy, so I may not be able to implement anything that requires severe intervention, however, I am interested in all suggestions, even if it is to put forward as a proposal.

TIA

Mike.Perry
2005-08-23, 09:57 AM
Hi

Maybe something like "Document Management Packages (http://www.oasys-software.com/product/dm/)" from Oasys.

Note, I have never used those products, but I have heard plenty of people talk about them.

I won't recommend the one we use...

Have a good one, Mike

de-co1
2005-08-23, 10:17 AM
Columbus from Oasys looks like it's along the right path - will look into it, and hope it can actually open up drawings in ACAD from the list it compiles.

Which one do you use, so I know not to go for that?

Mike.Perry
2005-08-23, 11:29 AM
Which one do you use, so I know not to go for that?Hi David

I wil send you a PM due to some unethical practises that unfortunately occur within these forums...

:beer: Mike