PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Text Fields

rich.chaney.92790
2005-08-25, 04:20 PM
Forgive me if this feature is already available - I think I've looked everywhere! ...

A small set of defined dynamic text fields, which could be quoted in MText/DText entries and return 'live' data would be great. E.g. the day, month, year, file name, name of user, etc. They could be updated at time of printing, like MS Word Fields, and would effectively operate akin to Plot Stamps but be much more useful.

We have all out title-sheets set up with attributes, but the copyright stamp was set up as a static text line and quotes '2004'. I'd rather not have to rebuild the title-sheets every January to keep them up to date (and can't simply edit the block in place because I am a mere LT user!).

BrenBren
2005-08-25, 04:38 PM
Forgive me if this feature is already available - I think I've looked everywhere! ...

A small set of defined dynamic text fields, which could be quoted in MText/DText entries and return 'live' data would be great. E.g. the day, month, year, file name, name of user, etc. They could be updated at time of printing, like MS Word Fields, and would effectively operate akin to Plot Stamps but be much more useful.

We have all out title-sheets set up with attributes, but the copyright stamp was set up as a static text line and quotes '2004'. I'd rather not have to rebuild the title-sheets every January to keep them up to date (and can't simply edit the block in place because I am a mere LT user!).
This is a feature in full AutoCAD (fields they are called), but I don't think it has been implemented into AutoCAD LT.