PDA

View Full Version : facets on an rendered arc, curve

malaalo
2005-08-25, 07:51 PM
I have a CAD file that has plenty of facets in the pre-rendered view but once I render the circle or arcs in my view they all revert to 8 facets. I used the sys. variables facetres, revsurf and the CAD options box and set arc segments to 500 for all with no avail once rendered. It looks really bad.

Any suggestions?

jaberwok
2005-08-25, 08:13 PM
Look up the variables "surfu" and "surfv", increasing their values will probably help.

malaalo
2005-08-25, 08:18 PM
John,

I have already boosted those values. I still have no idea. Thank you.

jaberwok
2005-08-25, 08:54 PM
Looking at it sideways - how many colours is your windows display set to? The higher the number the better shaded/rendered views look.

Mike.Perry
2005-08-25, 09:51 PM
Hi "malaalo" (Sorry, I don't know your real name)

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD Tips & Tricks (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=180) forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

jaberwok
2005-08-26, 07:09 AM
I have a CAD file that has plenty of facets in the pre-rendered view but once I render the circle or arcs in my view they all revert to 8 facets. I used the sys. variables facetres, revsurf and the CAD options box and set arc segments to 500 for all with no avail once rendered. It looks really bad.

Any suggestions?

Hi again.

Rereading your message (in daylight now) I'm not sure if you are talking about 2d or 3d objects.
You mention arcs and circles (2d objects) so setting Whiparc to 1 might help.
You also mention facetres, refsurf, etc which relate to 3d objects.

Mike.Perry
2005-08-26, 10:27 AM
Rereading your message (in daylight now) I'm not sure if you are talking about 2d or 3d objects.
You mention arcs and circles (2d objects) so setting Whiparc to 1 might help.
You also mention facetres, refsurf, etc which relate to 3d objects.Hi

It would be good if "malaalo" (Sorry, I don't know your real name) posted an example drawing file so we can see the issue / problem first-hand...

Have a good one, Mike

malaalo
2005-08-29, 06:10 PM
Mike,

I tried everything, splinesegs, isollines, facetres, revsurf, rulesurf, tabsurf, dispsilh, surftabu, surtabv, tesselelization, segments per arc or curve...everything. I tried to render another similar situation on a seperate drawing and for some reason it worked out just fine. Originally the view was great all the way up to gourded shade providing a perfect circle and arc, once rendered it would revert back to 8 segments. On another drawing with the same cad it worked out just fine, spheres circles and arcs would recongnize the 200 segments variable....go figure.

Thank you,

Mark

hofe_design
2005-09-23, 09:22 AM
Have you also tried the VIEWRES command and set it to 20000???