PDA

View Full Version : Deviation Tolerance

djohnston
2005-08-26, 03:10 PM
When adding deviation tolerance to a dimension with an upper tolerance value of zero, certain drawings will suppress the "+" and others won't. Is there a command to toggle this on and off?

I'm using LT2002 and anxiously awaiting my upgrade to LT2006. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike.Perry
2005-08-26, 10:29 PM
Hi

Look at the system variables DimLim & DimTol

Have a good one, Mike

djohnston
2005-08-29, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Tried the DIMTOL & DIMLIM commands. Didn't seem to resolve the issue. I reviewed all of the dim commands and none of them seemed to address this issue. I'm attaching one of the drawing files that I'm having the issue. If either the upper or lower tolerance value is set to zero, the corresponding + or - disappears. Thanks again for your help.

jaberwok
2005-08-29, 05:42 PM
AFAIK, the +/- symbol should never appear when the numerical value is zero. Where the symbol does appear, perhaps you have a very small numerical value which is being rounded to zero (acad can do this all by itself). If this is the case, re-entering zero (0) directly into the deviation box should cause the symbol to disappear.

djohnston
2005-08-29, 06:40 PM
Here's the head-scratcher then. Attached is a second drawing with the exact same dimensions copied from the first drawing. Now the corresponding + and - symbols appear, even when the upper and lower tolerance values are set to zero.

I would like to make all my drawings follow a single dimensioning style and would love to avoid wblock-ing every drawing. Moreover I would like to know why these drawings are different. Again, your help is appreciated.

jaberwok
2005-08-29, 07:13 PM
The only difference I can see straight away is that your drawing is in imperial units (acad.dwt) but mine is in metric (acadiso.dwt). Yours shows "+0", mine shows"0".
If I create a new file based on acad.dwt, it also shows "+0".
A difference in national standards perhaps.

djohnston
2005-08-29, 07:56 PM
Eureka! I think that's it, but I have two more questions.

1. How did you figure out the drawings are created under different templates?
2. Is there any way of changing one to the other?

It looks like we've been using different templates for a long time. A breakdown in our non-existent standard. I'm trying to help an engineer who wants the tolerance according to the ISO standard (sans "+0"). Unfortunately they have been exploding dimensions to achieve this and I want to find a way to avoid doing this.

jaberwok
2005-08-29, 08:05 PM
Eureka! I think that's it, but I have two more questions.

1. How did you figure out the drawings are created under different templates?

I was suspicious. Most files posted here are, not surprisingly, imperial.My (very old-fashioned) way of checking is to start to load a new linetype and see which filename comes up. You should probably check the value of Measureinit. 1=metric, I believe.

2. Is there any way of changing one to the other?

AFAIK, only by inserting the existing drawing into a new, blank one. Although, again, Measureinit (and/or Measurement) may do it for you.

If you normally work in metric, DO ensure acad knows that. If IT bods do the installation they usually get it wrong. :-(

Have fun.

luis.guadian675428
2014-06-24, 08:49 PM
Yes, you can change the dimension standards (ANSI or ISO) back and forth in the same drawing as follows:
1. Click tools...then options.
2. In the options window click the "AM Standards" tab.
3. in Standards scroll down and change ANSI for ISO or vice versa and click apply.

jaberwok
2014-06-27, 10:39 PM
Yes, you can change the dimension standards (ANSI or ISO) back and forth in the same drawing as follows:
1. Click tools...then options.
2. In the options window click the "AM Standards" tab.
3. in Standards scroll down and change ANSI for ISO or vice versa and click apply.

but not in vanilla acad and certainly not in LT.